Welcome to WDSD's Country Cares for Kids Radiothon
Presented by Horizon Services Heating Cooling and Plumbing
Together with St. Jude, 94.7 WDSD won’t stop fighting until no child dies from cancer and you can join the mission! Become a PARTNER IN HOPE for $19 a month and get this year's exclusive #ThisShirtSavesLives t-shirt.
Want to join the movement? Follow these steps:
STEP ONE: Become a Partner In Hope by calling our phone at 1-800-795-1800 or DONATING ONLINE.
STEP TWO: Proudly wear your #ThisShirtSavesLives shirt and take a selfie!
ABOUT ST. JUDE
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is leading the way the world understands, treats, and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing, or food -- because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% when the hospital first opened 50 years ago to almost 90% today.
- St. Jude freely shared the discoveries it makes, and every child saves at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
- Because the majority of St. Jude Funding comes from individual contributors, the hospital has the freedom to focus on what matters most -- saving kids regardless of their financial situation.
Did you know?
- The daily operating cost for St. Jude is over $2 million, which is primarily covered by public contributors.
- On average, 7,800 active patients visit the hospital each year.
- St. Jude opened in 1962 and was founded by the late entrepreneur Danny Thomas. Its mission is to find cures for children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases through research and treatment.
- St. Jude was the first institution to produce a cure for sickle cell disease with a bone marrow transplant and has one of the largest pediatric sickle cell disease programs in the country.
- St. Jude create more clinical trials for cancer than any other children's hospital.