As Womens History Month winds down, WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of the Best & Worst States for Women.
Best States for Women
5. New Hampshire
Worst States for Women
45. West Virginia
46. South Carolina
More statistics to know:
- The median earnings for female workers (adjusted for cost of living) are two times higher in the District of Columbia than in Hawaii.
- The unemploymentrate for women is four times higher in Nevada than in North Dakota.
- The percentage of women living in poverty is three times higher in Mississippi than in New Hampshire.
- The share of women-owned businesses is two times higher in the District of Columbia than in South Dakota.
- The high schooldropout rate for women eight times higher in Arizona than in New Hampshire.
- The female uninsured rate is seven times higher in Texas than in Massachusetts.