It's baaaacccckkkk...the MOT Big Ball Marathon is Friday, September 1st through Saturday, September 2nd.
Come out, cheer on your favorite team and player or players and help raise money for individuals, families in need, charities and organizations in the MOT area.
Plus enjoy live entertainment, a candy drop, inflatables for the kids, food, pony rides, games and more.
So far funds from Big Ball have:
- Helped pay for the extra school programs such as The Leader in Me, Robotics, Odyssey of the Mind, and PBS program (Positive Behavior Support)Contributed to the expansion of the M.O.T. Senior Center, including funding their shed and heating units
- After an initial donation of $65,000 to bring Habitat for Humanity houses into our area, an additional $12,000 was given to their recent construction
- Currently we're in a four year $20,000 commitment to help Habitat with local roofs
- Provided food, utilities, medical supplies, and even transportation to hundreds of families in need within the past year alone
- Established an annual Big Ball scholarship fund to award to a graduating senior from both Middletown high schools for their outstanding community service
- Provided funding to the Appoquinimink School District for needed school supplies
- Provided $35,000 seed money for local shelter
- Provided scholarships at The Everett so all kids who want to go have a chance to do theater camp
- Replenished the food supply at the Neighborhood House and provided them with a new computer they badly needed
- Purchased new wheelchairs for the Freedom Center for Independent Living
- Offset costs of youth mission trips at area churches
- Bought a seizure assistance dog for a child
- Purchased vans for food ministries
- Added a special needs swing to Townsend Park
- Honored our commitment to the Kellen Poultney Scholarship Fund as well as our annual donation to M.O.T. Special Olympics
- Donated to the Everett Theater, The Gibby Center, Boys & Girls Club, Youth for Christ, Amazing Grace Ministries, Our Daily Bread, local Boy Scouts