It's National Best Friends Day! Here are seven stats on who our best friends are . . . when we met them . . . and whether it's possible to have more than ONE best friend.
1. 46% of Americans said they only have one best friend. But three out of four people agree it's possible to have more than that.
2. Most of us met our best friend in school. Elementary school and high school are the most popular stages in life to meet them. Only 12% said it happened after college, or well after high school.
3. 19% of people said their DOG is one of their best friends. Only 9% said the same about cats.
4. We're almost twice as likely to consider our mom a best friend than our dad.
5. 43% of people said their significant other is one of their best friends.
6. 22% of us have owned a "Best Friend" necklace or bracelet at some point.
7. 6% of people agreed with the statement, "My parents like my best friend more than they like ME."