With summer winding down and back-to-school season in full swing, the WalletHub has released a trio of reports to celebrate the holiday weekend. According to its Best Labor Day Sales & Deals report, engagement rings are the best items to buy in September, relative to the rest of the year.
2017's 10 best Labor Day deals are:
- La-Z-Boy Aspen Rocker Recliner-62.10% off
- Samsung 4-Piece Kitchen Package - 33.32% off
- HP 14" Laptop with Intel Inside - 33.33% off
- Select Mattress Queen Sets - 61.11% off
- Coleman RoadTrip Grill LXE - 35.00% off
- Segway miniPRO Scooter - 30.00% off
- Kenmore Top Load Washer - 28.57% off
- HP LaserJet Pro M203dw Printer - 35.18% off
- 10-Pc. Queen Comforter Sets - 46.43% off
- Samsung 1080p Smart LED TV - 58.33% off
Labor Day Spending Survey:
- 57% of Americans plan to make Labor Day-related purchases. The average Labor Day weekend shopper is expected to spend $58.
- Clothes (43%), school supplies (22%) and electronics (12%) are the most popular items on people's Labor Day shopping lists.
- 26% of Americans spent no money on travel this summer.
Labor Day Fun Facts
- 25%-of Americans plan to get out of town for Labor Day weekend.
- 662 Million-Vacation days that went unused by American workers in 2016.
- $250+ Billion-Annual cost of worker injury and illness in the U.S.